MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 Review
Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016 offers everything you need to design impressive movies: support for all standard camcorders, high-quality editing tools, assistants for movie editing, native 64-bit support, and so forth. Pure performance thanks to the optimized MAGIX Hybrid Video Engine, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro bundles the efficiency of the graphics processor and CPU, while supporting standard technology such as CUDA and OpenCL for NVIDIA® and AMD® Vision graphics cards.
With MAGIX Movie Edit Pro you fully exploit the 60p technology now supported by the latest camcorders and TVs. Support of the new video standard AVCHD Progressive (60p). The new technology delivers twice as many full frames as before. The advantage: smoother moving objects and even more detailed pictures - for perfect movies in top quality.
It's never been easier to turn your video footage into breathtaking works of art complete with impressive special effects, background music, and interactive menus. AVCHD recordings can be imported and edited in MAGIX Movie Edit without any recalculation. Simply import the AVCHD material with one click, edit video, burn to Blu-ray Disc complete with animated menu and present on TV.
- Edit videos with ease: 33 or 99 (Premium) tracks, multicam editing
- Breathtaking effects: special FX, big-screen transitions and templates included
- Full HD support: for HDV and AVCHD camcorders
- Extensive audio dubbing: Dolby®Digital 5.1 mixer, etc.
- New audio tool: automatically adjusts the volume of differing background music loudness to the same level
- Professional menu design: disc authoring for DVDs and Blu-ray discs
- Present your videos: on TV, on the go or online
- Start video projects on the go with the Movie Edit Touch app
CUSTOMIZED VIDEO EDITING
Space for creativity: A total of 99 multimedia tracks for any content guarantee freedom to be able to arrange and optimize even large and complex projects - keep your eye on everything and finish in seconds. With only a few clicks and easy editing tools you can edit your videos, add transitions, effects and titles and create a captivating soundtrack. The new Movie Wizard allows users to select specific templates from a variety of styles and categories and give their videos a unique look in next to no time. Up to 4 camera settings can be edited simultaneously with the MultiCam feature and optical distortions in video recordings corrected with the Fisheye correction tool.
High-quality effects, transitions and templates MAGIX Movie Edit Pro offers an exclusive selection of professional video and audio effects (such as Chroma Keying, color correction and an Audio Mastering Suite), carefully designed transitions, animated menu templates, thematic intros and outros, deco elements, etc.
Create impressive slow motion effects with smooth speed transitions - this way you can accentuate exciting or funny situations even better.
Titles and texts may be entered directly into the preview window and moved using the mouse. Assign colors, fonts or sizes to individual letters, words or lines. However you design your titles - MAGIX Movie Edit Pro's advanced title engine always creates perfect edge sharpness and brilliant-quality for all of your titles. Selected objects may be zoomed into to fill the entire time axis simply by clicking.
PROFESSIONAL AUDIO EDITING
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro offers an exclusive selection of high-quality instruments and tools for dubbing, mixing and audio restoration: The handy Soundtrack Maker for automatic dubbing, the powerful realtime audio mixer with studio capabilities and the effects suite for detailed audio editing - plus a VST plug-in interface for embedding external effects.
Countless tools and wizards ensure beat- and point-exact arranging of your tracks: from automatic beat recognition to rhythm edit adjustment – the advanced MAGIX ProAudio technology always delivers perfect sound. Enrich your recordings with crystal clear Dolby® Digital Stereo sound.
IMPORT / EXPORT VIDEOS
Supports all common video formats and sources. Import your videos from digital and analog camcorders and TV cards, webcams, digital cameras with video function, DVD and hard drive recorders and many other devices. MiniDV, HDV and AVCHD camcorders, digital SLR cameras and Smartphones save videos in different formats and resolutions. With MAGIX Movie Edit Pro you can import your video into your project immediately and at the same time – without first having to convert them to the same format. You can view, sort, pre-select and import your clips directly into the timeline with the help of import assistants for AVCHD videos and video material from all other file-based sources (such as memory cards, digicams, hard disks and Smartphones).
The new export assistant displays the most popular export options at a glance. Simply select an export format and follow the instructions or specify further settings. SD cards, batch processing, DVD or Blu-ray Disc™, smartphones, media players and other mobile devices including a large selection of current device presets for iPhone, iPad and Android Smartphones. Even design unique menus for DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Upload videos directly to YouTube, Facebook® and Vimeo®.
- Faster AVCHD export with automatic graphics card recognition
- Dynamic slow motion effects with calculation of intermediate images
- Precise miniature display in timeline objects
- MX function for quickly exchanging and sharing media and projects
- Individually adjustable track height for easy video editing
- Optimized background processing, enabling faster program reaction such as marker movement, rewinding and editing operations on AVCHD clips
- Optimized image stabilization for multicore PCs - up to 10 times faster on Intel® Core™ i7 systems
- Zoomable preview images in the Media Pool
- Fast and direct GPU calculation of all video effects
- Use of expanded memory on 64-bit systems for GOP and bitmap caching
- Calculation of dynamic object effects on GPU with activated anti-flicker effect
- Video effect rendering on GPU (incl. special read back for NVIDIA® systems)
- Navigation with keyboard and external controllers such as Contour shuttle is more fluid
- Preview rendering with automatic recognition of critical areas (only in MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium)
FULL 3D SUPPORT *
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 Premium supports fully 3D workflows for videos with incredible spatial effects: Import any 3D photo and video format, use of the toggleable 3D preview monitor and output to DVD, Blu-ray Disc™, mobile devices or upload to YouTube etc.
- High-quality special effects, cinematic transitions and templates
- Full Stereo3D support (Import, edit, export)
- Advanced dubbing: Dolby® Digital 5.1 mixer etc.
- Full HD support for HDV and AVCHD camcorders
- Video editing program with 99 tracks, multicam editing
- Present your videos on TV, online or on the go
NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS
- Improved multitrack performance with faster loading times
- Full 4K and HD support for all camcorders/action cameras
- Accelerated processing of effects and transitions via GPU
- Unique integrated touch elements
- Redesigned transition dialog in the Mediapool
- Optimized toolbar with all mouse modes in one place
- Many new decorative elements, intro/outro templates and menu templates
- Enhanced hybrid video engine
- New DirectX12 features for more effective GPU usage
- Process effects, auto-exposure, auto-color, RGB slider on the GPU
- Numerous effects optimized for calculation on the CPU, i.e. when rendering or when multiple effects
- New option for manually selecting GPU modules (DirectX 9 or DirectX12) with intelligent preselection
- Smoother shifting in shutter mode
- Improved performance when switching back to the main memory while rendering using the GPU
Title editing improvements
- New mode which adjusts title text according to the size of the layout area
- Quick entry box in the title settings screen
- Handles in the video monitor displayed in a user-friendly way for small and large titles
- Improved editing and positioning options
- Favorites displayed in the font selection
- Scroll through the font selection quickly and easily using the mouse wheel
- Adjust text size using the slider
- Redesigned templates
- Buttons which allow you to quickly jump between title editing options
- Title settings can be applied to several title objects
- Combine video/audio objects for a simplified way of displaying objects and saving tracks
- Tab system for all open movies in a project
- Menus extended for improved movie management in the file menu and in tabs
- Quick access feature for previewing, trimming and importing in the Mediapool
- Preview quality button in the video monitor
- HD footage previews are played in "half resolution" by default for improved preview performance
Enhanced preview rendering features
- Faster rendering process
- Improved recognition of changes made to previously rendered sections*
- Support for Stereo3D projects*
- Support for multicam projects*
- Better playback performance on old systems, and made easier to use by switching to the MXV format (you don't have to configure settings manually)
- Faster video file import when using the file menu or drag and drop/quick access features
- Switch between files quicker while previews are playing, for a better workflow when watching footage
Various improvements for H.264 videos-based formats with variable frame rates e.g. Smartphone videos
- Improved performance
- Audio extract no longer necessary (faster import and less space required)
- Frame errors avoided as much as possible resulting in more accurate playback/exporting when using standard frame rates
- Synchronization feature for audio objects
- The auto-trimming feature helps when importing damaged source files that have black/broken starts/ends
Enhanced H.264 export with hardware acceleration
- Support for systems with Intel® Quick Sync Video
- Suitable encoder modules automatically selected for hardware-accelerated export (NVIDIA® CUDA™, AMD®/OpenCL™ or Intel® Quick Sync Video))
- Support for hardware-accelerated export in more encoder profiles, e.g. device presets
- Exports without additional configuration setups can also be processed using hardware acceleration
- New version of Mainconcept encoder components with various improvements
- Interlace handing when exporting Quicktime videos and timeline objects
- Wirelessly transfer mobile movie projects from Movie Edit Touch
- Output to DVD, Blu-ray Disc, YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and as files
Improved import options
- Olympus OM-D
- Various PCM-based import formats with H.264 video
- Advanced support for various color schemes in H.264 footage
- The anti-spill feature and color range slider make cropping easier when chroma keying
* Only available in the Premium/Plus versions, ** Only available in the Premium version
- 28 new backgrounds: animations loops and static templates
- 35 new disc menus (20 in MAGIX Movie Edit Pro MX)
- 4 new title templates
- 4 new transitions
- 15 new fonts
- 12 new effect transitions *
- 15 movie templates *
- Over 1,000 templates for effects and interactive menus *
New bonus programs (only in MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Premium)
- NewBlue Titler EX and the NewBlue ActionCam Package
- Bleach Bypass for a vintage film look
- Auto contrast, hue adjustment and RGB color shift
- Tons of lens correction presets
- digieffects Phenomena
- ProDAD Mercalli V4
- Red Giant Retrograde: Genuine 8mm & 16mm film looks
- Red Giant Chromatic Glow: Adjustable illumination effects
- Red Giant Knoll Light Factory: Cinematic light reflections
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 is ideal for all movie and video editing, whether it be for personal or professional use. We have tried many of the functionalities and found the program simply fabulous. Available in 3 versions: Standard, Plus and Premium. We tested the Premium version.
A SimplytheBest Gold Award is well deserved!
For more information, online demos or to order: